Solidarity - It can feel like our society has lost this at times. We are all different, but yet we are all the same. With the issues we face in society, solving them will require coming together, which is why this day is so important.
International Human Solidarity Day is:
- a day to celebrate our unity in diversity;
- a day to remind governments to respect their commitments to international agreements;
- a day to raise public awareness of the importance of solidarity;
- a day to encourage debate on the ways to promote solidarity for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals including poverty eradication;
- a day of action to encourage new initiatives for poverty eradication.
Source - (UN, 2019)
Learn More: https://www.un.org/en/events/humansolidarityday/